Firstly, sorry for the hiatus, I’ve been busy with exams and very, very boring stuff.
I was going to write an introduction but who doesn’t like chocolate mousse?
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- a capful of coconut rum (Jack Daniels works well tool, or any other whisky – ditto amaretto)
- 8 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- a pinch o’ cocoa powder
- whatever fruit you wish (or freeze a chilli and bash it up over the top if you’re feeling hard)
- Break up the chocolate and put in a bowl above a simmering pan of water, stir occasionally until it is melted. Don’t burn it.
- Whisk the living hell out of the cream… Had a bad day at work? the cream is the person who annoyed you. You want it to look like whipped cream.
- Separate the white and yolks of your eggs. Keep both.
- Whisk the eggs whites until you get soft peaks. For stiffer peaks, add a tiny bit of salt
- Mix the yolks and sugar together (your wrists will probably hurt now, if you don’t have an electric whisk) Oh, and there’s quite a bit of washing up due to multiple bowls.
- Fold everything together and refrigerate or freeze depending on how solid you’d like it. In the fridge it takes about two hours.
- Garnish however you like.
Now, relax, and leave the washing up for someone else… You made dessert, after all…